Rope hats have been a constant part of the headwear fashion industry for decades. And as one of the most popular clothing accessories, rope hats are a good product for you to customize and market your brand.
Ropehats are an additional opportunity for you to showcase your logo or message to the public.
Display your unique vision with customized rope hats—from logo and patch design to material and fabric. Find out everything you need to know about custom rope hats below:
Design Your Own: How to create the perfect custom rope hats
There are a few things to consider when designing your rope hats. You should have a vision of the finished product first. It’s easy to create your design if you already have an idea for your custom rope hats. Here are some things to consider:
Choose a material
There are a few common materials used for rope hats. First, choose the fabric for the custom rope hat that accentuates your logo or design.
Here are a few commonly used materials for custom rope hats:
- Foam custom rope hats: Foam can add light padding to your hat and is still fashionable in 2023. If you also want your custom rope hats to have an added volume to their design, adding foam material is a good idea.
- Cotton blend fabric: Arguably the most common fabric material for custom rope hats, cotton blend provides more comfort to the wearer. Not only that, this fabric also has a long life span and is considered less costly.
- Polyester fabric: Polyester is known for holding its shape without stretching despite being a light material. In addition, it’s durable and will give you a custom rope hat with a longer life span.
- Waterproof material: You can also choose to use a waterproof material allowing your hats to be worn in wet weather conditions.
Choose the color for your design
You’ll also need to decide on the color of your rope hats. You can be conservative, or you can be bold. You can make it with a single color or multiple colors. Monochromatic colors are one of the top fashion trends this year.
But you can also design your hat with contrasting colors to immediately make your logo or statement pop. Still undecided? Shades of magenta, olive green, and yellow are some of the top color choices for 2023.
Pick a custom rope hat style
Rope hats do not usually vary when it comes to their shape. They mostly have the traditional baseball cap look to them.
So your choices of different styles will usually come down to if you want a fitted or an adjustable snapback hat. The other option will be if you want your hat to be all material or have a plastic mesh back like the traditional Trucker Hat.
Decorative options for your custom rope hats
There are three primary methods of decorating your rope hat :
- Embroidered: Where your logo or design is sewn directly into the hat with thread, it can be single or many thread colors. Embroidery is the most popular way to decorate a rope hat.
- Patches: Multiple types of patches can be sewn or heat-pressed onto your hat.
- Embroidered – The same embroidery process used to do an embroidered hat is used, but instead of embroidering directly into the cap, the thread is embroidered into a patch and then attached to the hat.
- Woven – a woven patch is the same as an embroidery patch except that the thread is usually thinner, and the stitches are much tighter, allowing for a more detailed design.
- Die-Cut – when your logo or design has a particular shape, and you want to keep the integrity of that shape. Using a die-cut patch allows your logo or design to have that directly embroidered look but with a much cleaner and more detailed logo or design.
- 3D PVC – the patches are made with layers of rubber, giving it a rubberized 3D look. Multiple colors can be used to get it to stand out more.
- Leather – the patches are made of leather and are engraved with a laser giving them a unique look.
- Chenille – the patches are similar to the embroidered patches, except yarn is used instead of thread, giving it a much fuller and fluffier look. It is the same method used on Lettermen Jackets. It’s rare to see this method on hats because it is used and looks better on larger designs.
- Bullion – the same as embroidered, except a silver or gold filament is used to give the design a much richer look. With the richer look comes a higher price to produce. Because of the time and cost to make, this patch type is not commonly used.
- Ink Printed – Where ink is either printed directly on the hat or heat-pressed onto the cap, it can be printed using a DTG printing machine and any other way that ink can be applied onto a hat.
So, which custom design service is perfect for you?
Get a free quote for your custom rope hats!
High-Quality Products delivered on time. No hidden costs.
Free Shipping anywhere in the Continental United States